Recently I was playing around in the kitchen, and of course, thinking about hair, when I thought about making some cookies. I know - random:0p.
Anyway, I'm not sure how this came about, but I actually created a homemade deep conditioning treatment that works pretty good, IMHO.
I call them DT Avocado Bentonite Cookies, and they are perfect for deep conditioning your hair.
You can easily make your own, so I just wanted to post the recipe in case any of you would like to try it.
The recipe is as follows:
1 cup Avocado Butter
1 cup Bentonite Clay
1 teaspoon of Salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup Hibiscus Powder
1/2 cup Marshmallow Root Powder
4 teaspoons Jojoba oil
1/2 teaspoon Corn Starch
Mix avocado butter, hibiscus powder, and marshmallow powder until blended well. In a separate bowl, mix bentonite clay, salt, baking soda, and corn starch. If you are going to scent this( and you probably will want to scent it), add the desired amount of scent to your avocado mixture. Once scented to your liking, begin to inter-mix the avocado mixture with the bentonite mixture, and adding the jojoba oil gradually as you continue to stir the two mixtures together.
Once thoroughly blended, bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.
***Very important*** Let your cookies cool COMPLETELY before handling, otherwise they will break apart on you. Once completely cooled, they are pretty sturdy.
Makes about 35 cookies depending on how large you make them.
To use your cookies, heat water to just hot and dissolve a cookie in the hot water. Let cool to a comfortable temperature and then apply to your hair, leaving in on for at least 30 minutes. Then rinse well.
That's it:).
If you have lighter colored hair you will want to substitute the hibiscus powder for Burdock root powder, or chamomile.
Anyway, hope you enjoy!!
Ciao!!

4 Comments:
I'm going to make some of these this weekend. Thanks for sharing
If you decide to try them - let me know what you think^-^.
at first glance they looked delicious and i honestly wanted to eat them. not gonna lie.
Hahahaha! I know! They are definitely not something you want to leave out and not tell everybody what you did. Can you imagine the response you'd get from someone with a mouth full of bentonite^-^.
Post a Comment