My First Video

I know I keep talking about this shae's curly pudding,  so I think you all are going to get tired of hearing about, LOL. But I just can't say enough about it. It's just a great option for those of us who are trying to save a little cash in this crazy economy right now. 


As a lot of you know, I'm a devout Product junkie:0), I love trying out new products. But for the past few days, I keep reaching for this pudding. And it makes me feel so good that I've got a lot of it, so I'm not nervous about applying it the way that I want to because I'm trying to conserve or something. Now, I'm not saying I'm giving up my pj'ism, but as I may have mentioned before, this one will definitely stay in my rotation.

Anyway, I created a quick video of my hair with the pudding in it. My hair is actually a bit frizzier than usual, because  I can't seem to keep my hands out of it - plus it's second day hair!! I can not believe that I actually had second day hair!!  But well anyway, here it is:





Here's the link to the recipe again: 


Once again, I made the extra Moisture Version, only this time I used Brown Ecostyler instead of IC Gel, because I wanted to see how the ecostyler would compare. The ecostyler is good for those of you trying to avoid cones.  And the ecostyler works just a nice as the IC Gel, but with a bit softer hold. Oh, I also used a bit of coconut oil, and I think that might be a nice plus for added shine. My hair did initially feel a bit more oily with this recipe  than with the original one posted on Shawnette's page (this might be the coconut oil), but I don't mind the oily feeling and by the end of the day it was gone.

Get creative with this one guys - pick oils that you know work well in your hair, I think you'll like the results.

Ciao!!

6 Comments:

Kinky Rhonnie said...

Hey there, Great video. It's so nice to put a voice to the pretty face. :-)

I'm enjoying following the blog.

Do you think aloe vera gel would work well in the pudding recipe?

Shoshoni said...

I think its just my hair!!!! Arrgh!!! I made the extra moisture version, and used coconut oil instead of Vit. E oil. I tried it on my hair wet and dry and it left me with the white stuff. I then used it when I twisted a friends damp hair and I loved it! I also used it on my sons dry hair last night and it made it sooo soft. No white residue with either. I think its just my hair...maybe I'll try it with the brown ecostyler.

Onyxcabelo said...

@KinkyRhonnie - Awww! Thank you!! Regarding the aloe vera gel - yes - it works very well with aloe vera gel. I used the Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera Gel, because Shawnette mentioned that it's not worth it to use the food grade version. I thought the FOTE gel worked very nicely.

@Shoshoni - I'm sorry it didn't work, Luv. Have you tried clarifying at all? It sounds like you might have something else on your hair that doesn't play nice with the IC gel. I know that IC Gel is notorious for doing odd things with other products, so I'm guessing that's what it is. Not sure if you clarify, or how often but if you do, perhaps give it a try right afterwards - you might get a different result. Also, as you mentioned the brown ecostyler is very good as well, plus - no cones - you gotta love that. It also tends to play well with a lot of other products, so you might find it's a better fit.

Keep me posted:0).

Shoshoni said...

Hmm...didn't think of clarifying and I haven't for some time. Will do!...Thanks!

Prettyhoneybun's Way said...

Awww...look at you. So pretty. I still haven't tried it yet. So busy, but I'm gonna surprise you one of these days.

FCC

Onyxcabelo said...

Thanks, FCC (((x)))!! You gotta try this stuff - it's really good for the price, ya know:0). I'll be waiting for your review, Sweets;0).

Powered By Blogger