When my hair was much longer one of the ways that I worked toward protecting my ends, so that my hair could continue to grow as long as possible, was by wearing my hair up in an updo.




My dilemma was how to wear my hair up, but without damaging it with bobby pins or other odd little clips and such.
What I discovered was that there are lots of different kinds of hair toys available that are specifically designed in such as way as to allow you to style your hair in a cute and fun manner yet keep your hair protected and safe at the same time.
One such hair toy is the Ketylos hair toy, which I discovered via the Long Hair Community. I bought one, and I liked it so much I bought several more, and I've been hooked on them ever since!
I have several with various "crowns" (i.e. pretty beads on top) and many without.
These are fun little corkscrew hair sticks that hold your hair neatly in place by scr*wing into the hair. They are perfectly smooth, without any jagged rough sides that can pull, rip or snag at your hair.
Here are a few pictures of my hair when I was wearing a couple of my "crowned" ketylos.
I have several of these beauties, many of which I have never even used before because unfortunately, I had to cut my hair so, of course, it became too short to use.
I'd like to give one lucky follower a chance to try one of these out, so I am doing another give away! Obviously, this is a hair toy that can only be used on longer hair, so many of you sporting a twa may not be interested. Then again, perhaps you'd just like to have one on hand so when your hair does get long enough- you'll be ready to go! I still have a twa, but I am anxiously awaiting the day when I can use these again^-^.
In any event, I will be giving away this little baby - a brand new 6" Gold/Black Aquapearl Ketylos Hair Stick:
This picture most certainly does not do it justice^-^
So, if you are a follower of this blog, and you are interested in this aquapearl beauty, just leave me a comment stating your interest. If you're the only one interested - you get it. If there are others - you guessed it- your name will go into a drawing, and this Saturday, I will announce a winner!
I found this link on the Long Hair Community where the lovely ladies there were kind enough to share pictures of their ketylos. Lots of hair toy eye-candy!!
Also, if you're interested in just purchasing one on your own - here's the website: Ketylos - the owner is a very nice man:0).
Ciao!!

12 Comments:
That looks like such a cool hair toy! I would love to be in the running to win it! Thank you for the opportunity you are offering us. :-)
What a beautiful hair stick! I am new to hair sticks - just bought my first pair last week and am still experimenting with styles, but I love them! Mine are not nearly as nice as this one though, they're just plain wood. I would love to try this corkscrew type, according to the website, they are easier to use and hold more securely. I think I'll be buying some, even if I don't win!
Greetings!
I am interested. I have been looking at/for different kind of hair accessories that won't damage.
Ok, but I am curious. How do you get it in the hair and how does it stay in?
Prettycurls...
I would love win the aquapearl Ketylo you are giving away! They are great hairsticks!
Your shorter hair looks beautiful! I hope you are enjoying the change in length. Do you think you will grow it longer again?
I am always interested in something free -- my hair is long enough for a twist and I think these look cool stuck in the twist.
thanks
Hi Onyxcabelo!
I am definitely interesting in winning this hair toy. It looks nice and I think I could definitely rock it. ;)
Thanks for the opportunity!
ChocolateOrchid
I would be interested in this nice hair toy. I have been wanted to try but I never get one when I go to Sally's or Walmart. I am going to be trying your hair wrap this weekend. Also have you checked out the video on YouTube that you combine QB OHHB and mix with Fruit Of The Earth Aloe Gel and you get a product similar to Sister Smith Wet Set Pudding? Cool Pix!
Wow! Well, I'm glad to see there is an interest^-^!!
I also see that there are a few new people interested as well, but I do not see a few of you listed as a follower. If you are still interested, please make certain that you are listed as a follower of the blog, so that you are eligible to win!
@adundant - regarding getting it to stay it. It's really easy - you just style your hair the way you want it - in a bun or twist, etc. Then you take the stick and begin scr*wing it into your hair. Once you're played with it a bit you will learn how to position it just so. It's really pretty easy and a lot easier to use than a straight hair stick. Here are a couple of youtube link that are two different ways to use the ketylos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMoLRI7_wrU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aixus3LDPxE
HTH!
@Me - Absolutely:0)!
@Skibies - No, I haven't seen the video, but I'll definitely look for it. Thanks!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zvfwJBkRhw&feature=related - this is the YouTube sorry I didn't post it. BTW - this is my blog: http://rizosbonitos.blogspot.com
@Skibies - Thanks for the link, I'll have to give it a try! Also, I really like your blog, if you're open to a shout - I'll create post. I didn't want to do it without asking first^-^.
Ha! I finally got in! And I realize that the first post you have up there from BWEO......8/12 at 10:46pm is me (CurliLocks). When I tried to log in, that's what came up. LOL
So, here's my official post then! :D
@CurliLocks - Yay! Glad you got in!
Post a Comment