And speaking of nose rings, take a look at this baby ^-^:
You know, I've always been a big fan of Cree Summer's unique
style, eclectic persona, and her enthusiasm for embracing her
natural curls and coils even before embracing the natural was
considered hip. So when I saw this video, I just had to post it.
Because I'm being completely honest here, since of course,
being completely honest is a good thing, right? I honestly
have no idea what this song is even about. But I ask you -
is her hair fierce?? I mean, what? And is she working that
nose rang?!? My goodness!
Geez, just another reason for me to want one, ok. And
Cree is older than me (not by much), but dang, look at that
bod, for crying outloud. I'm sitting here thinking - Life just
isn't fair, LOL - and my other thought is - why is my husband
bending his eyeballs to try and see over my shoulder?? Hahahahaha!!
Oy, and look at this picture of Lisa Bonet!

My goodness - is she Hawt or what? This is who I want to be
when I grow up! No - seriously!!
Ok, I'm so sure that I'm 100 years late here, you all have
probably seen thesepictures a thousand times over, but
for me these are all new. Amazing!
And apparently, Cree Summer and Lisa Bonet have this
fabulous friendship going -one that has withstood the test
of time, starting back in the day when they were on the tv
sitcom "A Different World".
What I find most interesting about these two - other than
their unique style and artistic talents,is the bond that they
share with each other, I like the idea of this ultimate sisterhood
that supposedly only women can share should they choose to
commit themselves to a dear friend. They call themselves the
Pirate Sistahs.
Unfortunately, this is also a commitment that I know can be
very difficult for many women, because often times, once
a man gets involved, the allegiance dissolves, and bond is
lost. I'm just as guilty of this as so many others. I would
love to be one of the lucky few to have a BFF, but life deals
you a hand, and you've gotta play with what you've got.
Have you ever had a really good friend - only to lose them
when they met a guy? Why do you think this happens?
Oh - Here is their "PIRATE WOMANIFESTO":
In truth, the first time I read this - I thought, "Wow, this is pretty cheesy":0/.
I mean, initially, it reads like a pact that one might make with their 7th
grade BFF, at a ritual weekend slumber party.
But, after I thinking about this a bit, I began to see this as much more
than just a prepubescent-like declaration of principles and intentions.
But rather, a call to the inner kinship that makes women such divine
and mysterious beings. I mean really, I've read it a few things,
and I'm hard pressed to find anything in it that I don't really agree
with:). In fact, it actually sent me on a quest to find out more about
this Pirate Sisterhood of which they speak.
I was thinking - "Hey, I want to be a Pirate Sistah, too!"*pout*.
Unfortunately though, I wasn't able to find much, the members
that may have once congregated to discuss poems, life's lessons,
and "bonding" have long since gone. Or at least, that's what appears
to have happened. Oh well. Regardless of if their pirate sister thingy
worked or not, these two ladies still look fabulous, the hair, the body,
the works. And I hope that they will continue to wow us with
their gorgeous bohemian, Mother Earthly - kick ass - kind of style
for many more years to come!!!
Ciao!!

6 Comments:
omg you know from this song, i just realized that cree summer is the voice for susie carmicheal from the rugrats lol random yes. just thought i'd share lol
Hahahaha!! I know! She's also the voice of Peabo from the Proud Family, and Chloe from Clifford the Big Red Dog:0).
That's kinda deep... I love it!
@OUAT - I know, huh? I love it too!!
I always loved her hair...and wondered why mine did not look like that. Wait!!!! but it did, I just forgot because it was buried deep under the creamy crack....lol
@FCC - Yeah, isn't it funny what we find after we let that creamy crack stuff go - healthy hair *gasp* and curls *faint*. It's really something ain't it, LOL!
Post a Comment