It's Honey, Hunny!


To say that I've been hiding under a rock when it comes to using honey in my hair would be a bit harsh - I mean, I've  heard of it's wonders..I've even tried honey in products such as, Oyin Honey Hemp Conditioner and Qhemet Biologic's Olive and Honey Hydrating Balm, and I've enjoyed them. They are good products.  But I guess in my own limited experience, I just assumed that the goodness that IS those products was due to the complete compilation of all the ingredients there in. And perhaps that's true. But oh Hunny oh, was I missing out on the beauty of the one primary ingredient in those products that has now become my new obsession. The one ingredient that can take an el cheapo product like a 99 cent bottle of VO5 conditioner and make it into a SHAZAM!!!

Cue the Olympics fanfare music please, and BAM!





Oh, isn't it lovely?

Yes, yes, I know...you're thinking, "But Onyx, it's just honey...I mean, come on, made by bugs, sticky, yellow, blah, blah, blah.. who hasn't seen or heard about honey for hair?? Ah lame...just saying" *insert eye roll here*.

And I would agree - the benefits of honey have been touted all over the Internet for ages. And if you are one of the spiritually aware ones who actually heard the calls and moved into the light, then this blog post isn't for you. You've already been enlightened by the divinity that is honey:0). But for those of you who are like me who kept the blinders on, either because the idea of placing something sticky on your head frightened the holy hemp seeds out of you, or simply because you are new to hair care - this post is for you.

I'm not going to go into a whole lot of scientific jargon about the chemical makeup of honey. You can look that up for yourself. I'm simply going to tell you how I have been using it and why I adore it. Ready?

I've been using it as a leave-in! I know, crazy huh? I've been taking a full tablespoon of honey and mixing it into my leave-in conditioner (which actually isn't a leave in, it's Aussie Moist, a rinse out conditioner, which also contains cones, but I digress). That's it. I shampoo my hair, add a little honey, sweet almond oil, and a splash of aloe vera juice to my Biolage Conditioning Balm, let that sit a few minutes, then rinse and then apply my honey and leave-in conditioner. I use a lot of leave in, because I've got a lot of hair. So for those of you who want an actual recipe, but don't like to slather on loads of leave-in, I would just say, make your portions, 1 part honey to 4 parts leave-in conditioner.

Goodness, this combination has made a difference in my hair. It is more supple, the texture is softer, and my moisture retention goes on for days. I have coarse hair with low porosity, so for those of you familiar with this type of hair, you know that suppleness, softness, and moisture retention are a pretty big deal.

Now, I won't try to convince you to try it, there is a "calling" and you have to hear that calling for yourself ;0). I would just "suggest" you maybe try it once, see what you think. Aren't you just a little bit curious?:0D

Ciao!!!


0 Comments:

Powered By Blogger